Join the EngageMedia team!
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific nonprofit is hiring a Digital Rights Program Assistant who will support the implementation of EngageMedia’s digital rights initiatives in the region. The role will work closely with the Digital Rights Program Manager and digital rights project leads on coordination and logistics, communications and outreach, and monitoring and reporting.
We are seeking candidates who align with our organisational goals of human rights, democracy, and the environment, and who have a background working with nonprofits. Extensive experience in working remotely and in multicultural settings is a big plus.
The position is full-time and open to anyone based in the Asia-Pacific. You’ll be working with an international team in an agile environment that prioritises a distributed work culture.
Deadline for applications is on Monday, 31 May 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7). Interested applicants may apply using the form below.
Key Position Aims
- Provide timely program support to the digital rights team
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the digital rights team
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the digital rights team
Program and Event Coordination
- Assist in organising meetings, training programs, and other activities and events
- Assist in maintaining partnerships with a range of individuals and organisations working in the digital rights space
- Promote EngageMedia activities to secure participation and build EngageMedia’s profile
- Communicate proactively with partners, participants, and other stakeholders
- Assist in preparing narrative and financial reports
- Assist in monitoring timelines and deliverables
Research, Documentation, and Reporting
- Assist with research, including collating resource materials and references
- Ensure timely and proper documentation of events, including photos, videos, presentations, and written notes
- Assist in monitoring and promoting the initiatives of partners, collaborators, and networks
- Assist in monitoring and sharing digital rights issues relevant to EngageMedia’s work
- Collect, compile, and file materials
Communications and Outreach
- Assist in producing blog posts and other communications materials
- Assist with social media promotion
- Support the communications team in their outreach efforts as needed
- Source and coordinate with suppliers (e.g., venue, transportation, printing, and catering)
- Assist with coordinating and monitoring contractor deliverables
- Assist with staff recruitment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one Asia-Pacific language
- Knowledge of project management processes
- Strong time management skills, and able to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and build expertise
- Ability to work with a diverse team across multiple cultures, geographies, and timezones
- Good knowledge of media and technology, human rights, and freedom of expression
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a non-profit or advocacy position, preferably in the digital rights space
- An understanding of and commitment to EngageMedia’s aims and workplace values
The position starts as soon as possible. An initial 12-month, full-time, contract will be offered, with annual extensions based on the completion of successful performance reviews.
The annual gross remuneration will approximately be between 7,300 and 10,400 USD, depending on skills, location, and experience.
The position includes the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of holiday leave
- Sick and carer’s leave
- Public holiday leave
- Bereavement leave
- Parental leave
- Long service leave
- Monthly communications and equipment allowance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Personal development allowance
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.
Please fill out the application form below by Monday, 31 May 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).