EngageMedia is seeking expressions of interest from highly-skilled web browser extension/plugin developers for a project that requires experience in programming languages (Web API, HTML, CSS, REST, XML, and JSON) and aesthetics (UI/UX in line with the branding of our organisation and projects).
Candidates should have a strong understanding of mobile-first design, user accessibility, and the latest industry trends. Experience with responsive design is strongly preferred, as is an understanding of the entire web development process, from requirements to design, development, and deployment.
We are open to working with a development team.
The initial engagement will be from January to March 2021, with a possible extension to conduct maintenance, depending on performance and quality of work. The position is open to anyone based in the Asia-Pacific.
We seek those who are aligned with our organisation’s wider goals towards social and environmental justice, and who have some experience in working with not-for-profits.
Applications should be submitted by Thursday, 28 January 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7). However, we will be considering applications on a rolling basis.
- Establishing and guiding the extension/plugin’s architecture
- Developing and implementing plugin customisations for new features and functionality as needed
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design, and turning it into a high-performance plugin
- Integrate user feedback and insights in development work, as applicable
- Ensuring all visuals implemented are consistent with the designs we provide
- Responding quickly to requests for bug and design fixes
- Demonstrated abilities with extension/plugin development, including Web API, HTML, CSS, REST, XML, and JSON
- Ability to make the extension/plugin compatible with various browsers and environments
- Ability to translate layouts, wireframes, and other design files into plugin graphics
- An interest in working with open-source software
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
For more information, get to know the EngageMedia team and read about our remote and distributed work practices.
Please fill in the application form below. Applications close on Thursday, 28 January 2021, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7). Note that we will be considering applications on a rolling basis.